lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] port to solaris?

From: Joe MacDonald
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] port to solaris?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:28:55 -0000

Oops, yeah, sorry I missed that one.  Guess I'm asleep here.  :-)

Yep, I did have lwIP running on a Solaris 2.6 box (Ultra, not Intel)
last winter at work.  You need root access to install the tun/tap
drivers (but then again, you need it for lwIP anyway) but it's even
easier to use than linux since the Solaris module autoloader takes care
of everything for you when you get tun/tap installed.  Just open the
device and *poof* it appears for you.  Very cool stuff.

Let me know if I can help.  I don't have access to any Solaris boxes
anymore, but I might recall something if you're having problems.  I
don't think it was all that difficult, though.

On a different note, if anyone is interested, I built an HTML
representation for the lwip code using global and htags last night.  I
have the page password protected, but that's just because I'm not
entirely convinced of the security of the htags cgi script used for
searching the source.  If you want to check it out, the login is lwip
(all lower case) and the password is Dunkels .

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald
:wq