lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE:Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP

From: Paul Sheer
Subject: [lwip-users] RE:Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:51:01 -0000

------=_Part_758_738219.1029783959027

> where developers disagree, what happens?

 "There is always one best way of doing things.
 If we can't agree it means that no one knows
 what that best way is." - me

> [...] when you start using them to switch
> between radically different code structures it can
> get very messy and hard to maintain.

hmmmm

If there are radically different code structures
then these can go in a separate file, and be part
of a different make configuration.

I think our work should be to *find* a way
to make things clean.

> I'd much rather see it remain a generic stack, and
> have people add their own refinements.

I do understand the vision

but remember that LwIP as it is *not* usable
because of numerous errors in the memory
allocation.

I have fixes for all these bugs, but I cannot
easily keep my code in sync for the reasons
you stated.

it would really be quite clean to macro-ize
some of the infrustructure to help those
like me.

Has anyone else has audited lwIP with
two completely seperate memory tracer
packages and TWO MONTHS of continuous