lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RTL8019 driver for uc/osII and lwip?

From: Scott Howard
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RTL8019 driver for uc/osII and lwip?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:49:38 -0000

The Realtek part is inexpensive and seems to work well. The only issue I
have with it is that it is not available in an extended temperature
version. The CS8900 is available in both commercial temp (0/+70) and
extended temp (-40/+85) versions.

Realtek told us that they have many customers who are using the standard
part over a wider temperature range, but there is no guarantee that it
will work under these conditions. For our applications (public safety
and remote telemetry) this is not acceptable. However if you don't need
the extended temperature range, then it's probably a good choice.

Scott