lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:36:44 -0000

Hello Scott,

> I might simply be using DHCP wrong? There isn't much of an example in
> simhost.c...

No, DHCP is the new kid on the block and needs to be documented in the
next few weeks if I find time.

I do not work with simhost either, I develop and debug directly on an
embedded target.

You might want to enable DHCP debugging (enabling ARP and IP debugging
can prove useful as well) and use a protocol packet analyzer (Ethereal comes
to mind) to help me improve on DHCP.

The DHCP code runs stable at my place, but your report suggests there still
are outstanding issues (that I cannot reproduce). I need to be able to see
any
fault in the code, or see the un-intended behaviour in order to fix things.

Your net.c looks OK!

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.