lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Multithreading without timers..

From: David Ryan
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Multithreading without timers..
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:42:27 -0000

Hi..

I'm working on a port of lwip to the Playstation 2.  I'm using the sockets
interface and multithreading.  The PS2 provides a basic multithreading
library which so far has been ok.  What is missing from the PS2 OS is
timeouts and in general any timers.  After digging into sys.c I notice that
having semaphores timeout is crucial to allow the timeout functionality to
work.

My question is would it be possible to setup a seperate thread which only
job is to move through all thread timeouts and manage them using a single
timeout structure?  Thus allowing semaphores and mbox's to only return when
a message arrives or semaphore is posted.

Have any you any other ideas about how to get around this?  So far I haven't
even been able to find a simple timed delay function.  If all else fails I
may need to setup a timer based on screen refresh.

Thanks,
David.