lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Using LwIP to bring Internet to a PDA?

From: Andreas Koch
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Using LwIP to bring Internet to a PDA?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:02:58 -0000

(seems my first post didn't come through)

Hi,

i am one of the few remaining programmers for a little
known handheld device. Making it internet ready is one
possible project.

What i have is a z80 based device with a few
hundred KB (Flash-)ROM and 16K-24K (a few 16K more with
ugly hacks) RAM (all 16K bankswitched), plus a sort of a
c compiler for it (with a load of limitations). The device
  has a RS232 port.

I am prepared to write all the stuff from sockets
upwards (e.g. HTTP, Browser, POP, SMTP, mail client)
myself, or get it from other sources;

However i'd like to know if LwIP (and/or Uip) is
suitable (and a good way) to connect me to the
internet - using that RS232 port, plus a modem,
and an dialup internet provider.

Is it sufficient? Do i need additional packages,
if yes which; recommendations?

I have to add that i am an experienced programmer,
but far from a guru, especially a c guru - so is such
a project doable for "mortal souls" ?

Thanks for your replies,
           Andreas