lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] pbuf_realloc of ROM pbufs

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] pbuf_realloc of ROM pbufs
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:56:17 -0000

When pbuf_realloc is called for PBUF_ROM type pbufs, it treats them
differently to PBUF_RAM or PBUF_POOL.  In particular, it assumes the pbuf
is not part of a chain.  To perform the realloc it simply updates the len
and tot_len fields.  Surely it should, as with the other types, navigate
to the point in the chain at which the change will take place, and alter
the "len" field of that pbuf?

I can't see any particular reason why you wouldn't have chains of ROM
pbufs.  Can anyone else see a problem with it?

(In actual fact, the pbufs that I'm using are not in ROM, but I abuse the
PBUF_ROM type to allow me to handle the allocation and freeing of the
payloads.  They are all part of a chain as the header and data portions of
the packets are placed in separate locations.)

Kieran