lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Motorola 860 porting of lwIP, multicast addressi

From: Duncan Palmer
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Motorola 860 porting of lwIP, multicast addressing
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:41:42 -0000

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 13:44, Giovanbattista Pulcini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am considering to start porting lwIP on a Motorola 860 based board with
> no OS. I already have a firmware that supports interrupts, timers and
> general CPU/board initialization.
>
> I would appreciate it alot if someone of you could tell me the time roughly
> needed to port lwIP in such an environment and the pitfalls I am about to
> encouter during this work.

Be very careful with the OSAL - this is where most of your problems/bugs will
end up being. Make sure you understand how the per-thread timer structurs are
used before you write the OSAL.

> For my project the support for multicast IP addressing is needed, therefore
> I would like to have an hint about how much effort is needed to add support
> for multicast adressing to lwIP.

There is some code, and a description of how to add it to lwip linked from
the web site. If i remember rightly, there are a few bugs, and it was
originally written for an older version of lwip than the current CVS, but its
not too much trouble to add the code in. We're using this code in our stack,
and i think it only took a day or 2 to add it in.