lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] LWIP Patches and CVS

From: Scott Robinson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] LWIP Patches and CVS
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:38:58 -0000

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Interleaved response.

Scott.

* Paul Sheer translated into ASCII [Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:34:51PM +0200][=
<address@hidden>]
> >=20
> > If not, I am thinking about setting up a temporary public CVS which peo=
ple
> > can submit patches for/commit to... (Paul is one person who seems to kn=
ow
> > his stuff)
> >=20
> > I'm using lwIP in my main project right now, and until the project is
> > converted over to SF.net, it would be nice to know that there is at lea=
st
> > one comprehensive source for updated/reduced bug code.
> >=20
>=20
> i don't know if it is a good idea for my patches to go in directly,
> since i don't use lwip via the lwip api, but from the low level api.
> my patches are untested in this respect, so they should go through
> someone who is using lwip standalone, and using lwip with threads etc.
>=20

Heh, I'm also using the raw API. Is anyone else on the list using the
"socket" API?

> i am quite prepared to help maintain lwip if api/*.c stuff is
> dropped, or at least someone can verify that it still works
> after i apply patches
>=20

I suppose we could write up some minimum test cases, at the very least.

> perhaps go ahead and get the cvs up and cc the announcement to
> adam. if he is not responding to mail, perhaps someone in europe
> could just phone him to let him know we are stealing his
> project  :-)
>=20

Not so much stealing as making earlier preparations for the move to
SourceForge. ;-)

> in any case he will always have cvs write access of course
>=20

Definately.

> -paul
>=20
>=20
> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

--=20
http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--