lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE:[lwip] RE: Should LwIP go (L)GPL ?

From: Paul Sheer
Subject: [lwip-users] RE:[lwip] RE: Should LwIP go (L)GPL ?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:36:36 -0000

------=_Part_6154_8215759.1034955633600

> The problem I see here is that LGPL also requires
> that the end-user be able to relink the application
> with newer versions of the library as they become
> available.  That is something that just doesn't work
> for commercial most embedded applications.

The LGPL does not say this actually.

However, checking it now, it does say things
about a shared library that are not applicable to
embedded software. I am therfore going to
write a new License specifically for embedded
libraries.

Such a license has been desperately lacking
for embedded software. The GPL is just
not suitable for embedded software, but looking
closely, the LGPL is not exactly what we need
either.

-paul