lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] free memory.

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] free memory.
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:27:29 -0000

I am doing something similar in my 5272 driver. You can use pbuf->ref to
know when to free the buffer. My low_level_output() function increments
pbuf->ref when the packet is put on the hardware queue. pbuf_free() is
called both from the application and then (presumably later) from the driver
cleanup routine. The last call really frees the buffer, when pbuf->ref is
decremented to zero.

Note that when I did this, I found that I needed better critical region
protection in pbuf.c.

David.