lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] DHCP client license

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] DHCP client license
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:34:32 -0000

Hello all,

also in response to Michal,

> Also, I'd like to ask you what license is your DHCP client spread under?
Is
> it a BSD-like license, GNU one or something different?

I like the lwIP license. In short, my copyrights should be mentioned
somewhere,
but you do not need to re-release modifications in either source or binary
form.

Maybe Adam would like to think with us, on this one.

I would like to use:

 *    notice(s), this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 *    notice(s), this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

note the (s). Then I would simply add my copyright notice below the one
of the Institute. I'm not sure if multiple copyrights are legal, so it
might not be this simple.

I would like to discuss and investigate this further.

For the moment, use my source code in the spirit of the lwIP license, and
mention my copyrights in redistributed/modified source code, or in
documentation and/or other materials provided with a source or binary
distribution. That will suite me just fine.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.