lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] bug in pcb->snd_queuelen and other

From: Andrea Olivotto
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] bug in pcb->snd_queuelen and other
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:55:37 -0000

Hi Adam,

I did some other tests.

- The bug I found is present in the 20020121 CVS as well. I'm using a 16MHz
8051 with a very slow CS8900A driver, few RAM. I made a simple server that
after the connection sends 100 bytes every 50ms.
I made also a simple VB application that connects to the server and measures
the datarate every seconds.
After a minute the datarate slow down to 0, because pcb->snd_queuelen is
255. I guess there was a 0x00 - 1 = 0xff, so one more decrement. After that
I can't send data anymore, till I close and reopen the connection.

- I ported the same CVS to Linux. My platform is a Mandrake 8.1 with 2.4.16
kernel.
To make the binary, I have to delete the pcapif.c file and to change
"/dev/net/tun" to "/dev/tun" in tapif.c.
I run nmap and the xterm say:
"...Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 3076 (LWP 11088)]
0x080493ac in sys_mbox_post (mbox=0x0, msg=0x0) at
../../src/arch/unix/sys_arch.c:194..."
Running lwIP form within DDD show that there is a probelm at that line.

- There is a *data pointer in inet.h, that Keil compiler doesn't like very
much. Could you change in *dataptr?

- My wonderful Keil compiler doesn't initialize to 0 or NULL the list
pointers. Could you initialize all the pointers  (at the beginning of a
module and in every function that might create problems) to NULL explicitly?

- I'd like to have some more defines in lwipopts.h:
#define LWIP_DHCP         1
#define LWIP_UDP           1
#define LWIP_TCP            1

Thanks a lot.