lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] How to get speedy results for large data xfers

From: Kevin Stokes
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] How to get speedy results for large data xfers
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:18:59 -0000

  Thanks again to all those that helped me quickly find my problem with lwip
halting on large transfers.

   I'm running lwip on a system with plenty of ram.   We're trying to get
the best performance out of it for large outgoing TCP transfers of 2.5 to
10mb of data.

   Right now I'm getting about 2.0 mb per second on a 166Mhz AMD K6 DOS
machine on an ethernet card connected to a 700Mhz Windows 98 machine,
connecting at 100mbps.

   I wanted to try messing with the various options such as the #defines in
lwipopts.h and so on to increase the speed.  Does anybody have any advice or
warnings about pitfalls?

   -Kevin Stokes

---