lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tun/tap in linux 2.4.18 + question

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tun/tap in linux 2.4.18 + question
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:16:18 -0000

As root, create the device file:

# mkdir -p /dev/net
# mknod -c /dev/net/tun c 10 200

If your kernel does not have tun support builtin, you must
install the module (each time machine boots):

# insmod tun

You can also add the following line to /etc/modules.conf:

alias char-major-10-200 tun

So the module will be loaded on-demand.

All this is for Linux 2.4.x kernels. The tap* you did in /dev/ should be
removed, they were used by the 2.2.x kernels.

This is documented in the TUN/TAP driver sources that you can download at
http://vtun.sourceforge.net/tun.

I'd like to ask to the list also: which is the purpose of IF_NO_PI (or
stg). It's about checksum isnt it?

[]s
Felipe