lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:17:29 -0000

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, ERIC MAHLAKO wrote:

> I want to know if ever I want to use the LWip to
> receive and transmit data do I have to run
> simhost,simrouter and simnode in Linux machane.

No, simhost and others are just example programs. lwIP is compiled as a
library and these programs are linked against it.

> Can anyone explain to me how to use the LwIP stack in
> linux machine and what are these simhost,simrouter and
> simnode.

Run simhost by typing './simhost'. Maybe you need privileges to access the
tap device, so maybe you need to run it as root. After that you have a web
server running on the IP address 192.168.0.2. Try to put this number in a
web browser or "ping 192.168.0.2". That's lwIP working.

BTW, isnt it in the documentation?

Felipe