lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] ARP/ DHCP patch

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] ARP/ DHCP patch
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:42:47 -0000

Hello Adam,

I've finished the integration of the DHCP client with lwIP. These
additional changes are necessary to the current lwIP CVS version:

In udp.c, ipv4/ip.c and arp.c, add:

#if LWIP_DHCP
#  include "lwip/dhcp.h"
#endif

In arp.c/arp_arp_input(), add:
  case ARP_REPLY:
      add_arp_entry(&(hdr->sipaddr), &(hdr->shwaddr));
#if (LWIP_DHCP && DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK)
      dhcp_arp_reply(&hdr->sipaddr);
#endif

I'll release the DHCP client later today on:

http://www.esrac.ele.tue.nl/~leon/lwip/

It supports both:
1) callback timers (like to old sys_timeout() function)
2) dhcp_coarse_tmr() and dhcp_fine_tmr() to be called by the application
periodically.

This is configured using #define's before compilation.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.