lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use

From: Paul Sheer
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:25:45 -0000

On 2002.03.12 21:18 James Roth wrote:
>     Has anyone done stress testing on lwip?

yes

i have made my own BSD socket layer for lwIP (connect(), accept()
etc.) and compiled a single threaded web server for it. I use
my own operating system: PaulOS.

I loaded the web server all night with thousands of hits - far
more than it can handle. It worked perfectly, neatly dropping
connections.

Note that I have done some bug fixes to lwIP that I had submitted
to James, but I havn't checked if they have been included. You
generally have to use a memory allocation tracer to see that
everything is in order. I also substitute all lwIP allocation
with my own.

I also use a memory monitor that disallows connections
when the resources are low. In this way there is no chance
that resources will run out.

best

-paul

Paul Sheer Consulting IT Services . . . Tel . . . +27 21 761 7224
Email . . . address@hidden . . . . . . Pager . . . 088 0057245
Linux development, cryptography, recruitment,  support,  training
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer . . . . http://rute.sourceforge.net
L I N U X . . . . . . . . . . . .  The Choice of a GNU Generation