lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] PPP dial-on-demand

From: Federico Frigo
Subject: [lwip-devel] PPP dial-on-demand
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 15:49:52 +0100

Hi all,
I’m developing a custom firmare for an ESP8266; I have to setup a mechanism that starts a PPP connection when packets are forwarded to it using NAT. I saw that the PPP stack is the same (adapted) of Linux, but I noticed that DEMAND_SUPPORT is disabled by default since it is not supported.
Is there a plan for releasing it? Otherwise I could try to implement it, but I’ll need some help since I have no clue where to start from.

Federico Frigo
Master’s Degree in Computer Science

👨🏻‍💻 GitHub
💼 LinkedIn