lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #15710] Any plan to re-provide distribution tarballs?

From: Hu Keping
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #15710] Any plan to re-provide distribution tarballs?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 09:28:28 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> It's like that because lwIP has traditionally been used for embedded systems
mainly. And up to now, embedded systems are still mostly developed under
windows.

> I can try to think of adding the tgz for the next release...

Thanks, it's really helpful.

Actually the tgz could be automatically created from the source tree and I
find it has already been there, take release tag STABLE-2_1_2_RELEASE for
example:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/snapshot/lwip-STABLE-2_1_2_RELEASE.tar.gz

I've compared the content extract from the tar.gz and lwip-2.1.2.zip(which
from the official download page). After running dos2unix on all the files
extract from zip, I find there are two file in the tarball but not in the
zip:
- .gitignore
- .gitattribute

To make it consistent between distributions (if you adding the tgz for the
future release). We can adds a few entries in .gitattributes to specify files
that should never end up in a distribution tarball.

I can post a patch about it if you think it's worth doing.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15710>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/