lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #58139] RFC5227 violation in acd module

From: David GIRAULT
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #58139] RFC5227 violation in acd module
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 05:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jasper and Simon,

I've made this change to allow our product to pass the Apple Bonjour
Conformance Test (BCT).

May be the fix was incorrect, but it was the only one I found to be able to
pass the BCT if some announce are lost because wifi connection.

I don't found exactly why this change was introduced one year ago in our
tickets database. :-/

But according to my BCT logs at Jun 21 2019, before introducing this fix Jun
25 2119 in our GIT branch, I had the following errors:

Link-Local Address Allocation
-----------------------------
        PASSED: INITIAL PROBING
        PASSED: PROBING: RATE LIMITING
        PASSED: PROBING: CONFLICTING SIMULTANEOUS PROBES
        PASSED: PROBING: PROBE DENIALS
        PASSED: PROBING
        PASSED: PROBING COMPLETION
        WARNING: SUBSEQUENT CONFLICTS: RE-PROBE AFTER FIRST CONFLICT
        FAILED: SUBSEQUENT CONFLICTS: ANNOUNCEMENTS
        FAILED: SUBSEQUENT CONFLICTS
        ABORTED: CABLE CHANGE HANDLING
        PASSED: PREMATURE MDNS PROBING
FAILED with 2 failed subtest(s) and 1 aborted subtest(s) and 1 warning(s) and
0 skipped subtest(s).

May be this fix wasn't necessary and commit 05ffe144 is enough to fix BCT.

So, if this specific commit break conformance to the RFC, just revert it. If
we need to update adn redo the BCT later, I'll take care of this.

Regards,
David

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58139>

  Message posté via Savannah