lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Preparing for LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX, unclear what sou

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Preparing for LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX, unclear what source code comment means
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 21:30:54 +0100

Am 23.01.2020 um 13:44 schrieb Benjamin Kalytta:
> Hello,
>
> I've a question concerning a source code comment in opt.h related to
> LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX = 1
>
> /** LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX==1: Enable code that allows reading from one
> thread,
>  * writing from a 2nd thread and closing from a 3rd thread at the same time.
>  * ATTENTION: This is currently really alpha! Some requirements:
>  * - LWIP_NETCONN_SEM_PER_THREAD==1 is required to use one socket/netconn from
>  *   multiple threads at once
>  * - sys_mbox_free() has to unblock receive tasks waiting on
> recvmbox/acceptmbox
>  *   and prevent a task pending on this during/after deletion
>  */
> #if !defined LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX || defined __DOXYGEN__
> #define LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX         0
> #endif

Even if this answer might be coming late: this comment is outdated. The
fullduplex code (for netconn and sockets) has been changed a great deal
and this comment has been removed some time ago.

What you're looking at is the "old" code of the last release. Try the
git master branch instead.

A release on that code base should follow soon...

Regards,
Simon