lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Building using MinGW

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Building using MinGW
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 23:23:43 +0100

Am 19.12.2019 um 11:17 schrieb Giuseppe Modugno:
Il 18/12/2019 22:11, goldsimon ha scritto:

Am 18. Dezember 2019 21:58:34 MEZ schrieb Gisle Vanem <address@hidden>:
Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

But I'm not using mingw, so that #else case in pcapif.c is probably
not used by
anyone right now. Feel free to get it compiling for you in the best
way and
provide a patch :)
Guy Harris provided a patch in libpcap:
https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/commit/0103d2880a8f6e78fe001fe35f8be958eeda81eb

I've not tried it.
That patch just undefs _MSC_VER seemingly only to break lwIP *and* contains
really childish comments. I wouldn't try it as well :-)

But funny that it came so promptly after these mails here...

Again, mingw is of no interest to me personally. I'll happily accept patches,
but don't expect any other work from me on that.

As I already wrote, I think the problem seen by Gisle can be solved
using a specific version of Winpcap. Are you using
Microsoft/VisualStudio compiler? Which Winpcap version are you using?

It seems Winpcap is an outdated and stopped project. The new project is
Npcap. Do you have any plan to fix the win32 contrib to Npcap?

Me? No. I'd welcome patches in that area, but my focus is on embedded
devices running lwIP. I run and debug it on Windows and Linux, but on
the Windows systems I use to debug it, I just use winpcap or npcap in
winpcap compatible mode for now. I don't want to afford the time
developing an npcap right now...

But as always: patches are welcome! (especially since I thought the pcap
driver could get portable but doesn't work on Linux/Unix anway)

Regards,
Simon