lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] 802.1Q support?

From: Kamil Khoury
Subject: [lwip-devel] 802.1Q support?
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 18:47:20 +0200

Hi,

LWIP Ethernet file provides a basic handling of VLANs. However, IEEE 802.1Q standard which defines VLAN Tags provides a frame queuing mechanism (according to frame's priority) and transmission selection algorithms. These features are provided at the outbound port.
I couldn't find these features in my LWIP library so I guess they are not implemented, correct? or am I missing something here?

As experts, what would you recommend me to do in order to have these mechanisms in my project? I've been looking for an implementation source code for the past three days and couldn't find anything! this is weird for a well-know and basic standard like 802.1Q. Would you please advice?

Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Kamil