[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[lwip-devel] [bug #53559] IPv4 to IPv6 filtering not freeing PBUFs

From: JD Scott
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #53559] IPv4 to IPv6 filtering not freeing PBUFs
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 14:31:46 -0400 (EDT)
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36


                 Summary: IPv4 to IPv6 filtering not freeing PBUFs
                 Project: lwIP - A Lightweight TCP/IP stack
            Submitted by: jdscott
            Submitted on: Wed 04 Apr 2018 06:31:44 PM UTC
                Category: IPv6
                Severity: 3 - Normal
              Item Group: Faulty Behaviour
                  Status: None
                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: 2.0.2



I ran a suite of IPv6 tests using a Maxwell Pro Network Emulator and found
that tests related to filtering IPv4 to IPv6 mapped addresses were passing,
but the PBUF pool was being starved. After digging into it I noticed PBUFs
aren't being freed when this filtering is preformed.

The filtering in question is done in 'src/core/ipv6/ip6.c', starting at line

I've added a call to 'pbuf_free(p)' in my local code and found that the stack
no longer starves.

I also found this error to be in version 2.0.3 of lwIP.


Reply to this item at:


  Message sent via/by Savannah

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]