lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Question about 90873d6

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Question about 90873d6
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:34:47 +0200

Joel Cunningham wrote:
While I agree that we shouldn’t unnecessarily retransmit segments when the link layer is full,

This is partly a requirement for lwIP as pbufs are altered on the way down and cannot be re-used until the TX function is done with them.

Not transmitting because the link layer is full is the same as transmitting where the link layer drops our packet because its full.

That's true and I hope my recent changes reflect this ;-)

Simon