lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51094] RFC7668 - 6lowpan over Bluetooth Low Energy --

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51094] RFC7668 - 6lowpan over Bluetooth Low Energy -- a new netif
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:12 -0400 (EDT)

First of all, thanks for sharing your work!

That being said: ehrm, you really duplicated the whole code to implement
nearly the same thing over BLE instead of 802154?? You know duplicating code
is bad, do you? ;-)

I'd love to get this into our main sources even if only to finally get our
6lowpan testable, but for this, some changes are needed:
- separate the lowpan code to combine it with the existing lowpan6.c (I'm OK
with renaming files, adding central include files, etc.)
- fix your coding style:
 -- (don't *ever* use printf for portable embedded software! use wrapper
functions instead - e.g. LWIP_DEBUGF)
 -- don't use C++ style comments (we're currently stuck on C89)

Once that is done we can probably fix all the nasty things you copied from
lowpan6.c like missing comments, missing defines for numeric constants (which
would make the meaning of them more clear) and probably some more.

Aside from that, I'd be interested in a short howto to get it running on the
ESP32 and Debian :-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?51094>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/