lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9211] mqtt: Check Will Flag rather than will_topic_

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9211] mqtt: Check Will Flag rather than will_topic_len for appending will topic and message
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 08:43:17 +0000 (UTC)

Update of patch #9211 (project lwip):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #5:

In this case, I'd prefer a commit message that describes the bug it fixes,
instead of a message that suggests a cleanup.

Also, the problem is that from the MQTT spec, the TOPIC length seems to be
required > 0. The current code does not check that. I think an assert should
be in place for that. The WILL message can be of length 0, so one can either
check the WILL flag as you did or rewrite the same check as above,
"client_info->will_msg != NULL" which I'd prefer (for consistency with the
code above and it compiles to two instructions less in assembly code ;-) ).

I can do the changes if you like, but since you discovered it, you deserve the
credit.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9211>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/