lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:25:59 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #26, patch #8680 (project lwip):

Alright, so I may have misunderstood the intention of your hooks. My
assumption was that you do not control the netif calls to add addresses, so
you needed hooks to be able to set routes at all. Now I understand that you do
control the netif calls (otherwise, where is the gateway address coming from?)
but prefer to have hooks for the route changes instead of having to make those
route changes explicitly from your own code, in order to allow easier drop-in
of the static-route implementation. If that is the case, then generalizing the
hooks would indeed not make sense for you, and I have nothing meaningful to
add to this discussion. :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8680>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/