lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table

From: Pradip De
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:49:35 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #25, patch #8680 (project lwip):

I understand, but I presume there is a limit to which we can generalize a
hook. This limitation manifests itself in terms of the parameters that that
hook is defined with.
For example, it is hard to think of a hook meant for adding a netif address to
also take a prefix and gateway parameter just so that it covers the
functionality of adding a route entry to a routing table. It is probably true
for the MLD case for joining a group as well.
So, it may be ok to define these hooks for the specific purpose they are meant
to serve as long as it captures the API requirements fully.

I have attached the routing table
implementation(lwip_rt_table_impl_for_contrib.diff) with the #define
LWIP_IPV6_NUM_ROUTE_ENTRIES moved from opt.h to the ip6_route_table.h.

(file #39229)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: lwip_rt_table_impl_for_contrib.diff Size:12 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8680>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/