lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9169] Allows multicast packets through udp input la

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9169] Allows multicast packets through udp input layer
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 13:31:27 +0000 (UTC)

Update of patch #9169 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Simply don't call udp_connect() and you will receive all multicast traffic on
that PCB automatically.

udp_connect() means:
1) If I call udp_send() somewhere, it should go to the specified remote
address/port.
2) I _only_ want to receive from the specified remote IP address/port.

Note:
I'm currently thinking about reverting your last patch, because you can get
your desired behavior in this case by also not calling udp_connect() and
comparing the source IP as the first thing to do in your udp_recv() function.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9169>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/