[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[lwip-devel] [bug #46290] Optimize passing contiguous buffers to tcp_wri
David van Moolenbroek
[lwip-devel] [bug #46290] Optimize passing contiguous buffers to tcp_write
Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:11:19 +0000 (UTC)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Follow-up Comment #4, bug #46290 (project lwip):
Attached is my edited version of the same patch. My changes compared to
- rebased on top of lwip-current, incorporating recent (e.g. doxygen)
- removed the pbuf_last() addition, as that should really be a separate
- added a few extra asserts, both as integrity checks and for code flow
- added and expanded comments to reflect the changed functionality.
I hope that it will be reconsidered for merging. I'd be happy to make
additional changes should that help. Otherwise this patch might serve as an
updated starting point for anyone else interested in this feature.
As a random data point: on my setup and with my own test set, the patch
reduces the maximum pbuf chain length per TCP packet from 256 to 5.
Additional Item Attachment:
File name: 0001-Add-TCP_EXTEND_ROM_PBUFS-setting-by-Ambroz-Bizjak.patch Size:7
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Savannah
- [lwip-devel] [bug #46290] Optimize passing contiguous buffers to tcp_write,
David van Moolenbroek <=