lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [patch #9134] bind udp and tcp pcbs to a specific netif

From: Alice Reichart
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [patch #9134] bind udp and tcp pcbs to a specific netif
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 10:17:23 +0200

It is merely another approach on vlan tags. The two interfaces come from a device driver, that splits incoming traffic based on vlan tags and tags outgoing traffic accordingly.
I would argue that this is a common technique if you do not want to put your faith in routing.

I am aware, there are more lines of code to add to achieve this design throughout the project and I am willing to supply further patches, however I do not see, how this adds immoderate complexity.