lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #48964] PBUF_POOL init.c checks need to be disabled wh

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #48964] PBUF_POOL init.c checks need to be disabled when using PBUF_REF for RX
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:42:14 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: git head

Details:

My products use !MEMP_MEM_MALLOC and PBUF_REF for zero-copy in the RX
pathway.

I'm running into an issue where there are PBUF_POOL checks in init.c that are
tripping when I increase TCP_WND beyond what could be in PBUF_POOL
(PBUF_POOL_SIZE * PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE).

Should we be wrapping PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE and PBUF_POOL_SIZE sanity checks
(init.c line 304) with some kind of define for whether PBUF_POOL is in use?

Further, it seems from code analysis that I should be able to completely
disable PBUF_POOL by setting PBUF_POOL_SIZE to 0, is this correct?  Maybe we
can add "&& PBUF_POOL_SIZE" to both checks?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?48964>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/