lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #47172] mem.c mem_malloc implementation does not prope

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #47172] mem.c mem_malloc implementation does not properly account for MEM_ALIGNMENT
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:28:46 +0000

Update of bug #47172 (project lwip):

                Category:          Platform ports => None
             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #2:

I would have thought that both the mem heap and the memp pools go into bss
unless you specially tell your linker to put them somewhere else.

Also, as the memory block returned is not zeroed, zeroing the struct would not
really catch all of these problems.

> so that proper memory usage is enforced

It seems like this test is not a good one to enforce proper memory usage: we
do use the memory correctly, but the platform fails in seeing this. What you
see is a false positive. Plus this check only catches the first usage: once
the memory was used, written and freed again, the check does nothing after
next alloc.

As such, I'm not convinced this changes helps much.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?47172>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/