lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13748] Move supported apps to 'src/apps'

From: chrysn
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13748] Move supported apps to 'src/apps'
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:31:40 +0100

hi lwip developers,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 08:18:06PM +0000, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
> We might want to add memp support for such apps, too.
>
> This could probably be done by separating the code for single pools from the
> actual memory pointers so that apps could keep their own privat memp pool.
>
> That way, every app could have its own config file instead of bloating opt.h.

i've looked over the recent changes before attempting something similar
-- thanks for this improvement!

the new memp code does allow adding new pools. is extending pools
possible with it as well?

the reason i ask: currently, when an application module needs two sys
timeouts, adding a "+ 2" to MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT line copied over is way
to go. if the application could contribute two `struct sys_timeo` to the
SYS_TIMEOUT pool, that'd make adding many application modules much
easier.

is this something you see feasible to add to the memp infrastructure?
should this rather go to the timeout allocation? is there maybe another
subsystem i missed that enables per-module allocation of timeouts?

thanks
chrysn