lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13780] lcp_echo_interval maximum value

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13780] lcp_echo_interval maximum value
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:44:53 +0200

Hi Patrick,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:02:22AM -0400, Patrick Klos wrote:
> On 10/19/2015 6:24 AM, Marco wrote:
> >Follow-up Comment #6, task #13780 (project lwip):
> >
> >I was wondering if at GPRS level there is some similar echo reply/request
> >protocol to check the link and if it is somewhat related to PPP/LCP...
>
> If you want to verify the link is still up, could you just use
> standard IP PING (ICMP echo) requests?

That's not really what the OP want, the OP main concern is to reduce as
much as possible the useless amount of data exchanged over the GPRS
link. He just wonder if sending a LCP Echo packet to the modem trigger
by some means a GPRS link check, which, as far as I know, isn't the
case.

And please post on the bug tracker ;-), answering to the mail sent by
the bug tracker doesn't update the bug tracker entry.

Sylvain