lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] subunit dependency for unit tests

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] subunit dependency for unit tests
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 08:11:52 +0200

Hi Erik,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 09:19:15AM +0200, Erik Ekman wrote:

> I upgraded to 0.10.0, and got no change. I am using gentoo where the
> subunit dependency is still optional.
> With subunit support enabled, my check.pc looks like this:
>
> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=/usr/lib64
> includedir=${prefix}/include
>
> Name: Check
> Version: 0.10.0
> Requires.private: libsubunit
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lcheck
> Libs.private:   -lrt -lm
> Cflags: -I${includedir} -pthread
>
> I don't know what the .private part means.

It means libsubunit is available as a statically linkable library (.a /
.la) and will be embedded into your output binary (I guess it was then
embedded into libcheck as well). Statically linking libraries into
output binaries is forbidden in Debian, unless it is technically
impossible to do so. This is why I need -lsubunit and you don't.

Sylvain