lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP GPRS module

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP GPRS module
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:28:55 +0200

Hello Mario,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:24:31AM +0200, Mario Viara wrote:
> I have posted in GITHUB a module for PPP over GPRS.
> The module is working in more than one project and
> available at https://github.com/MarioViara/gprs

Thank you, however the current licensing model prevent that to be
included in any embedded devices and to be potentially merged later in
lwIP. I'm fine with it if this is a wanted behavior, just FYI.

(The license is probably void after all, License Open Source (LGPL)
doesn't mean anything for me. Why are people re-inventing Licenses?,
this is something really *really* hard to do right if you are not a
lawyer).

By the way, few remarks:

 * - PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD   0

PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD was removed from lwIP and is now a void
configuration option.

 * - GPRS_SUUPPORT          1

typo ;-)

 *  ppp_init();

ppp_init() is called by lwip_init() and should not be called by lwIP
user, that's even a private fonction, you should not be able to use it
without including ppp_impl.h which you should not include.

Sylvain