lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:44:44 +0000

Hello,

> Sorry for not taking part earlier, but in my opinion, misusing the input
callback here is the bug, not breaking SLIP.

> We can argue to omit the input pointer, but making it mandatory for PPP(oS)
and at the same time saying we should omit it for the rest sounds strange.

That's not what I meant. I said this was actually not a callback since is was
not previously used by the lwIP core code. So the input pointer was previously
not necessary at all, (but now it is). So even if I disagree with this
non-callback, I was happy to be able to recycle the previously useless (now
useful) callback pointer :P

> Can't PPP find a different way of feeding packets into itself? Using the
tcpip_input way here looks wrong.

> Plus: we just removed the Point-To-Point flag from netif.h, but this sounds
like we could still need it.

Yes, what we actually need is a USE_PPPOS_INPUT_FONCTION flag :-)   When I
added the feature I was like: "dammit, there is no free flag and I need one
!".

So, should we set the netif flags to u16_t and then add a
USE_PPPOS_INPUT_FONCTION flag ?

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44565>

  Message sent via/by Savannah