lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] New netif link_up/up behaviour and PPP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] New netif link_up/up behaviour and PPP
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:57:31 +0100

Sylvain Rochet wrote:

> I wonder what should I do for the PPP netif interface about link up and
> up status now, do you have a clue ? :)

I admit I have forgotten to adapt ppp, but I would have thought to just set it
up when ppp is started and down when it ends (so it is up all the time,
effectively). You still have the guards of link status and valid (IPv4)
addresses to prevent it being used for routing.

Regarding link up status, there have not been any changes there. I would have
expected ppp to set the link up when the connection is established and down
when it is disturbed. Isn't that done already?

Simon