lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] SIOCGIFCONF support

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] SIOCGIFCONF support
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:47:45 +0100

Mohammad Hamad wrote:
Hi,
I want to get list of my network interfaces such as the result of *getifaddrs*() and to implement this i think we need to use ioctl with SIOCGIFCONF , but this is not supported option in ioctl implementation yet.

Well, what's SIOCGIFCONF? The fact that I can't find it on opengroup.org makes me think it's yet another linux thing. We're trying to follow the standard in sockets.h/.c instead of reimplementing every OS'es specialities. There are some exceptions, but I'm trying prevent them...

You could either traverse 'netif_list' of the raw API or implement SIOCGIFCONF yourself by traversing that list.

Simon