[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[lwip-devel] [task #13455] Extend neighbhor discovery ti support 6LoWPAN
Sergio R. Caprile
[lwip-devel] [task #13455] Extend neighbhor discovery ti support 6LoWPAN better.
Sat, 21 Feb 2015 20:35:01 +0000
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Follow-up Comment #3, task #13455 (project lwip):
Well, to me processing level 3 information in a level 2 netif violates layer
ND in a TCP/IP stack is a layer-3 issue, and 6LoWPAN is a layer-3 protocol,
* the netif is a 6LoWPAN-capable netif or has 6LoWPAN knowledge (eew) or
* 6LoWPAN is built-into the IPv6 module (eew, but not as disgusting) or
* the 6LoWPAN implementation gets its info from the IPv6 module
Yes, tables will probably be duplicated, that depends on the capacity each
module assigns for them (some info WILL be duplicated anyway, and its part of
the module independence. The only options to not duplicate tables are:
* 6LoWPAN is built-into the IPv6 module
* an independent table/ND module accessed by both. (I'm intentionally ruling
Unfortunately both require 6LoWPAN to be "made by lwIP", and I guess the most
likely solution to have this implemented is getting a third-party 6LoWPAN
module to interface to. So, I still vote the same.
Anyway, either you or me submit a patch or follow what the developers consider
to be the right choice.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Savannah