lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] next_timeout not working correctly

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] next_timeout not working correctly
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:02:04 -0500

Hello,

You need to look at the map file and figure out the first and last variable
in BSS (if that's what they called it - whatever it is for uninitialized
variables).  A memset of 0 for that range of memory probably will suffice.
If you have control of the module ordering, you can create 2 source files
with an uninitialized global char in each to get the first and last variable
if you locate each module first and last respectively.  If you don't do this
I suspect there is more in lwIP that will not work.  None of us users know
because 99% of us have Standard C compliant compilers (or compliant startup
code to be technically correct).

I agree with Simon too.  I've seen all too many times something like:

unsigned char Buffer[1024] = { 0 );

Wasting 1k of flash when the { 0 } can be omitted.

Bill