lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #43095] IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol need to be ch

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #43095] IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol need to be change
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:05:50 +0000

I don't think it's a duplicate, I think the concern is that the link-layer
address option can take a variable number of bytes in a packet, usually 8 but
sometimes 16. If NETIF_MAX_HWADDR_LEN = 6 then sometimes we only check for
length 8 bytes fitting in a pbuf. It is really all that we would use, a longer
address wouldn't match the network interface.

When there are multiple option, code looks at the length byte in the option
and calculates it variably.

I still would like to see the patch to make sure I didn't misunderstand.
hichard: could you post a patch with your suggestion?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?43095>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/