lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Query Regarding LWIP Stack

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Query Regarding LWIP Stack
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:38:57 -0400

There is no single answer for this because there are many hardware architectures with orders of magnitude differences in performance, and traffic types with different packet processing demands (many small packets is typically more demanding than fewer large packets).

It's better if you post your expected traffic sizes and types (sending what, receiving what), throughput requirements (Kbytes/sec and packets/sec), and architecture (CPU type and speed).  Someone may have some experience with lwip on that configuration.

In any case, you are not going to find an open source stack that is significantly faster.  Lwip is pretty good.  If your hardware cannot keep up, it is probably not the stack.

Marty

FWIW I think this belongs on the lwip-user thread.