lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] insane sanity check in 1.4.1?

From: RAc
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] insane sanity check in 1.4.1?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 01:24:40 -0800 (PST)

ok, here's the deal:

------------------------------ lwipopts.h; taken from stock implementation
somewhere
/* TCP Maximum segment size. */
#define TCP_MSS                 (1500 - 40)       /* TCP_MSS = (Ethernet MTU -
IP header size - TCP header size) */

/*  TCP_SND_QUEUELEN: TCP sender buffer space (pbufs). This must be at least
  as much as (2 * TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS) for things to work. */

#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (2* TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS)

So TCP_SND_QUEUELEN evaluates to 4 which makes the sanity check kick in (the
max against 5 is new in 1.4.1 afaict). Is the value 4 outdated and should be
bumped? Something I missed in the stock lwipopts.h?

Sorry for all the wrong roads I went up when submitting the original report.