lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7885] modification of api modules to support FreeRT

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7885] modification of api modules to support FreeRTOS-MPU (NO_SYS = 0)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:27:17 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #7885 (project lwip):

I haven't had time to review this patch yet, but here are my comments:

- I agree that we should leave existing code (which uses stack-allocated
variables) for performance reasons. This is meant to be a lightweight and
efficient stack

- I also see Cortex and other MPU-enabled processors being sued increasingly
so I think it is important to provide support for MPU

So I think using #defines is the way to go.

As we can tell, this is making the code bloated, so the idea I have is that,
when we have official releases, we also provide some "cleaned-up" versions,
such as lwip-1.5.0-NO-MPU.zip, or lwip-1.5.0-NO-IPV6.zip. We would need a
preprocessor tool to eliminate unnecessary #define blocks.

Thanks again Artem for the contribution.
Cheers
Ivan

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7885>

  Message sent via/by Savannah