lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] DHCPV6

From: Art Heers
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] DHCPV6
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:55:56 -0600

On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, Ivan Delamer wrote:
Hi Art,

LwIP has support for IPv6 address autoconfiguration, if you enable the
appropriate #defines (LWIP_IPV6_AUTOCONFIG, LWIP_IPV6_SEND_ROUTER_SOLICIT)

This is enough to obtain IPv6 addresses from your router.

Thank you. Yes, I have discovered this works now with our router. Note that I had to also do the following:

netif_create_ip6_linklocal_address(ifp,1);  //into addr 0
ifp->ip6_autoconfig_enabled = 1;  //LWIP sets this to zero yet checks

DHCPv6 is used for additional configuration options, such as local domain
names, policies, etc. I'm not working on it and I don't think anyone else
is.

Any thoughts on how a domain name server that has an IPV6 address can be reached? And how are domain names that only have IPV6 addresses resolved?

Thanks for the help.

Art

Usually IPv6 address auto-configuration is enough...

Cheers
Ivan