lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] ppp-new

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] ppp-new
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:06:51 -0600 (MDT)

Sylvain,

I tried to run the ppp-new branch, but unfortunately I got some hard
faults. Probably something wrong in my configuration, but I need to dig
deeper and will find time to do this in a couple weeks.

Some suggestions based on what I saw:
- change uint_32_t type declarations (already done, I see!)
- update to master HEAD (also done, great!)
- in magic.c, lets try to avoid library srand() and rand() functions. We
have a LWIP_RAND() definition which is used in IGMP. Could we reuse this?
The reason is that the library introduces all sorts of additional code to
support rand functions -> code bloating. Otherwise, I can provide a
lightweight rand() implementation that I use.

- are there any thread-safety issue with the public API? I am using tcpip
callbacks for sigHUP, but calling other functions directly. Any comments?

Thanks for the great work! I noticed RAM use decreased, but flash
increased by about 6K. Will have to review new PPP options to see if I can
decrease this.

Cheers
Ivan